Adult Criminal Charges
State and federal criminal trial court cases are complex proceedings, so hiring a highly experienced and seasoned New Jersey criminal lawyer is always in your best interest. We have represented adult criminal defendants in the state and federal trial courts of New Jersey and New York City for many years. We provide aggressive and personalized defense strategies in cases involving indictable or non-indictable offenses in New Jersey, and felonies or misdemeanors in New York City.
With extensive experience in all types of criminal cases, we work with our clients to evaluate their case and set a course that will lead to the most positive outcome available under the circumstances. In every criminal matter, we always seek to achieve the client's goals in a cost-effective and pragmatic way, while aggressively protecting their legal rights.Representing Adult Criminal Defendants Charged with a Wide Array of State and Federal Offenses
James S. Friedman, LLC, represents adults charged with such criminal offenses as:
- Violent crimes (murder, robbery, carjacking, kidnapping, assault, sexual assault and rape);
- Weapons offenses;
- Sex offenses, including crimes implicating Megan's Law and pornography offenses;
- Bias crimes/hate crimes;
- Bribery, racketeering and corruption charges;
- Official/police misconduct charges;
- Computer or Internet crimes;
- Gambling offenses;
- Property crimes (car theft, burglary, receiving stolen property, fencing, arson, and trespass);
- Non-violent theft crimes;
- White collar crimes (forgery, welfare fraud, insurance fraud, health care claims fraud, credit card fraud, and charges arising from bad checks);
- Escape from custody;
- Disorderly conduct and criminal mischief;
- Domestic violence;
- DWI/DUI and traffic/motor vehicle offenses; and
- Other crimes and offenses.
While it may be desirable to resolve a case by way of plea, any adult criminal matter can proceed all the way to trial and a jury verdict. We handle criminal jury trials in all State and Federal trial courts of New Jersey and New York City, including the Superior Court of New Jersey, the New Jersey municipal courts, and the New York City Criminal Court. We also represent clients at trial in the United States District Court of New Jersey, and in the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.A Personal Approach to Criminal Defense
Many adult criminal defendants have businesses, licenses and a professional reputation to protect. We represent many such adult clients, and are highly sensitive to their unique needs and circumstances.
Extensive experience in the New Jersey municipal courts, New Jersey Superior Court, New York City Criminal Court, and all Federal courts in New Jersey and New York City, provides all of our clients with the benefit of our wide-ranging perspective. We understand what is possible, what is practical, and how to protect constitutional rights and achieve favorable results in adult criminal matters. We also believe strongly that straight-forward and open communication assists clients in understanding their situation and achieving their personal goals.
To schedule a consultation to discuss your adult criminal case with an experienced New Jersey criminal defense attorney, call us at 800-361-6554 (toll free) or contact us online.